Some weeks are more difficult than others.
Things just don’t get finished.
You feel like you’re behind before you’ve even started.
And then the kids go off and do nutty things.
Welcome to my week.
Nothing, except for Halloween, was out of the ordinary this week, yet I felt like a crazed woman chasing down a bus with one shoe on and half a jacket… yeesh
Instead of focusing on the negative, I wanted to share a few funny quips/occurrences from this week.
1) The following happened to pass from my lips this week:
Did you just lick the baby?
We don’t lick babies. In fact, we don’t lick anyone.
Note: I wasn’t talking to the dog…
2) We’ve noticed that someone is becoming increasingly sneaky.
He asked to play with his puzzles. In retrieving the suspiciously light puzzle box we opened it to find not 4 neatly organized puzzles as usual, but an empty box. Upon further investigation, we discovered 4 puzzles worth of pieces, 45 crayons and some paper hiding between the couch and shelves. Funny… I didn’t put them there. Upon even further investigation we discovered that eleven crayons will fit into the mouth of a small jack-o-lantern toy.
Elves must live here because no one could tell me how they got there.
3) I do not use as bad of language as I had previously thought. Yet, our parrot of a child has picked up an endearing name that he has started to use when cuddling with his sister. What does our sweet angel call his sister when she’s playing on the floor touching his toys. Oh, nothing other than… Butthead.
Had to stop that one real quick.
4) Little Bear had her first taste of solid food this week. More on that in another post.
5) I am thankful that Hubs has a job where he gets home almost two hours earlier than he used to. Some days, I need the backup.
Regardless of how your week turned out, know that you made it through.
My track record for surviving bad days/weeks so far is 100% and I’d like to keep it that way.
How was your week?